Welcome to Rowan Class
Welcome to year 3! I hope you find our class page useful and enjoy discovering all the new things we have learnt.
To get in contact with the class please email:
A reminder that Year 3 have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday. Please come into school dressed in PE Kits not uniform on these days!
Please watch the video if you require more guidance on using seesaw for homework. Please email if you have any further questions.
Class Teacher - Miss Mayhew
Teaching Assistant- Mrs Robinson (Mon-Wed)
Our new books for Autumn 2 term are:
This story we will be continuing to focuse on for the first few weeks of this half term:
We will be focusing on this story for the remainder of the half term:
We will also be reading this book during Guided Reading:
Our theme for Autumn 2 is:
'What legacy did new
discoveries and inventions
in the Bronze and Iron
Age leave on Britain?’
This half term we will be look at Animals including Humans (Nutrition) in Science, greetings in French, Athletics in P.E. plus lots more!
- Please note- our PE day is on Tuesday and Thursday. In order for your child to take part, please ensure your child has a PE kit which must contain a plain top, shorts/jogging bottoms and trainers/pumps. No bright colours or patterns.
- Reading books are changed on Tuesdays however please bring them to school every day as there are often opportunities for reading in school.
- Our homework is set on Seesaw and Mathletics on Friday and must be completed by Tuesday.
- Please also practice the times tables that your child is on. They are tested twice every week and cannot move on to the next times table until they are fluent, accurate and qu correctly. This includes multiplication, division and word problems. You can join in our Times tables Rockstar battles and become legendary! You can also download an app for this on your phone or tablet
- School lunches must be payed for in advance via Parent Pay.
- Please ensure all uniform is clearly labelled including PE kit, coats and shoes. It is children's responsibility to look after their belongings. Unnamed uniform will be put in lost property.
- On Mathletics, tasks are set by the teacher relating to the current maths topic. Children can also play maths games. Please encourage your child to log in independently so that they are able to do it in school!
Copy and paste the links below into your search browser to go straight to the Bug Club and Mathletics log in screen. Bug Club allows your child to read their level reading books in a digital format. On Mathletics, tasks are set by the teacher relating to the current maths topic. Children can also play maths games. Please encourage your child to log in independently so that they are able to do it in school!
Log ins for the above websites are in the back of your child's reading record. Please speak to one of us in Y3 if you would like a copy.