Here at Whitby Heath, we believe that it is important to build strong links between home and school. We are committed to promoting parental involvement in education so parents will be encouraged to help and support their children with their learning at home.
Through our homework policy, we aim to:
- Ensure that parents are clear about what their child is expected to do.
- Ensure consistency of approach throughout the school.
- To use homework as a tool to help continue to raise standards of attainment.
- Improve the quality of the learning experience offered to pupils and to extend it beyond the classroom environment.
- Provide opportunities for parents, children and the school to work together in partnership with relation to children’s learning.
- Encourage pupils and their parents to share and enjoy learning experiences.
- Reinforce work covered in class by providing further opportunities for individual learning.
- To practise or consolidate basic skills and knowledge, especially in Numeracy and Literacy.
- Encourage children to develop the responsibility, confidence and self-discipline needed to study independently.
- To prepare Year 6 pupils for the transfer to secondary school.
Have a look at our homework policy below which outlines the homework expectations for each year group.
As well as promoting home learning through weekly and termly homework projects, we are also mindful of ensuring that we have the correct provisions in place should a child not be able to attend school due to COVID19 restrictions.
Through our home learning policy, we have ensured that learning can continue in the event of one (or more) of our bubbles needing to isolate or a local or national lockdown happening.
We also recognise that individual children will continue having to self-isolate if they develop symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed case. If individuals are isolating whilst the rest of their bubble remains in school, work will be set on Seesaw with personalised feedback given.
Please find our Home Learning Policy below.