Year 3 Poplar Class 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Year 3 Poplar Class
with Mrs Buttery ( Monday-Wednesday) and Miss Brennan (Wednesday-Friday)
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Robinson (Mon-Wed)
You can email any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
A reminder that Year 3 have PE on a Tuesday and Thursday Please come into school dressed in PE Kits (not uniform) on these days!
Please watch the video if you require more guidance on using seesaw for homework. Please email if you have any further questions.
We will be continuing to focus on Stone Age Boy for the first few weeks of this half term.
We will then focus on this story for the rest of the half term:
During our Guided Reading sessions this half term, we will be looking at the following text:
Our theme for Autumn 2 is:
'What legacy did new
discoveries and inventions
in the Bronze and Iron
Age leave on Britain?’
This half term we will be look at Animals including Humans (Nutrition) in Science, Greetings in French, Athletics in P.E. plus lots more!
- Please note- our PE day is on Tuesday and Thursday. In order for your child to take part, please ensure your child has a PE kit which must contain a plain top, shorts/jogging bottoms and trainers/pumps. No bright colours or patterns.
- Reading books are changed on Tuesdays however please bring them to school every day as there are often opportunities for reading in school.
- Our homework is set on Seesaw and Mathletics on Friday and must be completed by Tuesday.
- Please also practice the times tables that your child is on. They are tested twice every week and cannot move on to the next times table until they are fluent, accurate and answer the majority of the questions correctly. This includes multiplication and division.
- School lunches must be payed for in advance via Parent Pay.
- Please ensure all uniform is clearly labelled including PE kit, coats and shoes. It is children's responsibility to look after their belongings. Unnamed uniform will be put in lost property.
- Copy and paste the links below into your search browser to go straight to the Bug Club and Mathletics log in screen. Bug Club allows your child to read their level reading books in a digital format. On Mathletics, tasks are set by the teacher relating to the current maths topic. Children can also play maths games. Please encourage your child to log in independently so that they are able to do it in school!
- Mathletics: https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student
- Bug Club: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=1
- Timestable Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/37257
Log ins for the above websites are in the front of your child's reading record. Please speak to one of us in Y3 if you would like a copy.
Year 3 Poplar Class: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 Poplar Class: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 Poplar Class: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display